TOPEKA – (January 9, 2019) – Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt today issued the following statement in recognition of National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, which is today:
“We all are grateful to our Kansas law enforcement officers who dedicate their lives to protecting citizens and communities across the state. I am personally grateful for the work law enforcement officers do and the sacrifices they and their families make to protect all Kansans, and I hope Kansans will join me today in thanking a law enforcement officer for his or her service and sacrifice.”
To show support for our law enforcement community, Concerns of Police Survivors suggests the following activities:
- Change your profile picture on social media to the image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops.
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- Share a positive story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
- Participate in Project Blue Light. Shine a blue light from your home in support of law enforcement.
Most importantly, if you see a law enforcement officer, thank a law enforcement officer.